MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - I'm normally not a conspiracy threorist but...

View Single Post

Old 05-18-2009, 12:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
DropKick
Lightweight

DropKick is a splendid one to beholdDropKick is a splendid one to beholdDropKick is a splendid one to beholdDropKick is a splendid one to beholdDropKick is a splendid one to beholdDropKick is a splendid one to beholdDropKick is a splendid one to beholdDropKick is a splendid one to beholdDropKick is a splendid one to beholdDropKick is a splendid one to beholdDropKick is a splendid one to behold
I'm normally not a conspiracy threorist but...

It seems to me that this season has been set up for the UK fighters to win. Don't get me wrong, I like the UK team and I'm actually rooting for their fighters to win but come on, they could have found a lot better American fighters. I think the UFC wants the UK to win to further grow the brand internationally especially in the UK. The UFC has had a lot of success with its shows there and they want to keep it going.

In my opinion there is no reason why they couldn't have found at least 1 or 2 high level division 1 wrestlers getting into the sport. It's pretty clear that the biggest weakness of the UK guys is wrestling and the U.S. team really has no quality wrestlers? I think guys like Grey Maynard or CB Dolloway would have won this season fairly easily to be honest. They clearly didn't pick top talent for the U.S. team.

"I does work" - Brett Rogers

“I don’t know what kind of technique was used there, but there was a lot of kicking and punching.” – Jim Brown
DropKick is offline   Reply With Quote