MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - I'm normally not a conspiracy threorist but...

View Single Post

Old 05-19-2009, 12:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
wozza
Flyweight

wozza will become famous soon enoughwozza will become famous soon enoughwozza will become famous soon enoughwozza will become famous soon enoughwozza will become famous soon enoughwozza will become famous soon enoughwozza will become famous soon enoughwozza will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropKick View Post
It seems to me that this season has been set up for the UK fighters to win. Don't get me wrong, I like the UK team and I'm actually rooting for their fighters to win but come on, they could have found a lot better American fighters. I think the UFC wants the UK to win to further grow the brand internationally especially in the UK. The UFC has had a lot of success with its shows there and they want to keep it going.

In my opinion there is no reason why they couldn't have found at least 1 or 2 high level division 1 wrestlers getting into the sport. It's pretty clear that the biggest weakness of the UK guys is wrestling and the U.S. team really has no quality wrestlers? I think guys like Grey Maynard or CB Dolloway would have won this season fairly easily to be honest. They clearly didn't pick top talent for the U.S. team.
I think you are right. I also think that the US team was not the strongest it could of been, which in honesty is a real shame.. but every cloud has a silver lining, and the UK are going to kick some septic tank ass!!!