MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Miletich and Caplan Leave WAMMA

View Single Post

Old 05-19-2009, 06:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
IronMan
True Grappler

IronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A Baller
Miletich and Caplan Leave WAMMA

Well, Pat Miletich and Sam Camplan have resigned from WAMMA, according to a press release from Caplan's company.

I tried to start with an objective analysis of it. My thoughts are later in the piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan @ MMAOpinion
Since the inception of WAMMA, there have been those who, at least publicly, have been incredibly supportive of the organization. None of those is more significant that MMA legend and innovator Pat Miletich, who has explained, at length, the importance of an honest rankings system.

Sam Caplan, a well respect writer on the sport, has similarly supported WAMMA and acted as the organizer for their rankings board before moving into a more significant capacity as COO.

The departure of Caplan and Miletich is not amicable (as was expressed in the press release in which both are quoted as having issues with the WAMMA board of directors). While it’s not clear what these disputes are over, there will certainly be theories which come out shortly (personally, I already have a few).

There has been some frustration with the failure of WAMMA to have little public impact outside of handing out belts and publishing their monthly rankings. It must be worth acknowledging that, during a time when the sport is building respect in the mainstream, but failing to move into some states that it, perhaps, should be, that there is a certain degree of failure on the part of an organization like WAMMA to aid in the assist.

Click here to read the rest of the piece.

In case you can't tell, I'm a little pissed about the whole thing. I'm happy to go into why on here if people care, but whatever.

Anyway. Thoughts about what this does to the sport? Or why it doesn't matter?

Sig by Toxic

Barnett - Toquinho -Werdum - "Nurmie"
Z. Gurgel - Morango - Rocha - Tiequan
IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote