Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Fedor is a "tiny little s**t", says Sylvia.

4K views 43 replies 20 participants last post by  Keithpas 
#1 ·
:laugh:

Check out Tim's post-fight interview on Sherdog. At one point, they ask him how he feels he matches up against Pride's top heavyweights (being that Pride's Silva may fight Liddell in November). Tim said he met Fedor Emelianenko, and he's a "tiny little shit". LOL. I don't think he meant any disrespect, but I did find the statement amusing.

Here's the link if you want to see the whole thing:
http://www.sherdog.com/videos/videos.asp?v_id=793

#3 ·
Yeah, I believe Fedor would dominate Sylvia and do it in rather impressive fashion. Fedor is all business.

Pride is trying to establish a larger presence in the US, so a Fedor/Tim fight isn't impossible somewhere down the road, and would probably be one of the biggest grossing fights in MMA history. Red Devil vs. Miletich. Hmmm.

#4 ·
Is it just me or does Sylvia remind anyone of Frankenstein's monster just lumbering around the ring dragging his back foot as he tries to set up his shots. Has anyone ever tested his ground game?? Andre A. proved he has no heart against Sylvia last night and was completely intimidated by him. What a pathetic showing by AA. I can understand respecting your opponent but his attitude in the ring showed me that he was afraid of getting hurt and would not take chances :mad: . Why the hell did he never try to take him down???

#5 ·
Mosconi said:
Is it just me or does Sylvia remind anyone of Frankenstein's monster just lumbering around the ring dragging his back foot as he tries to set up his shots. Has anyone ever tested his ground game??
I have to admit, Sylvia has an odd physical appearance in the cage. Granted, he's a big man, but he's not going to win any physique contests, that's for sure. ;)

I have no idea about his ground game. The glimpses I've seen of it in the past didn't show much. He's 6'8", so I can't see him being a panther on the ground.

#7 ·
the yellow card is the greatest thing. it is the only way to prevent these type of fights (boring ones). UFC will never get that. I see so many fights that could be so much better if the ref would just push the action. Apparently the best way to do that is through their paychecks.

#8 ·
That fight between Sylvia and Arlovski was terrible. Sylvia was beging for a Crocop style highkick from the 3rd round on. Did anyone see his lazy hands drop every time he threw his 5 second jab. He is completely inferior and does not deserve the title. AA never tried to take it from him though.

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

#10 ·
You guys MIGHT believe me, but you might not, but anyway I heard through the grapevines there is something BIGGER than Silva/Chuck in the works....it involves both UFC and Pride.......MY guess, is a joint show with Fedor/Sylvia as the main event, obvoiusly.....I'll ask around tomorow at JiuJitsu and see if anyone else heard of it.....

#16 ·
Adora said:
Fedor would beat his ass. Tim is nothing more thatn a fat POS. I hope PRIDE does come to the US, but it seems to me that they need more orgination in it. they have eay to much stuff going on. It confuses me
What everyone is really failing to see is the true MMA badass of them all. The badass in Danny Abaddi.

If they were to put Fedor and Abaddi into the octagon we would have a world's first for MMA.

#17 ·
CTFlyingKnee said:
You guys MIGHT believe me, but you might not, but anyway I heard through the grapevines there is something BIGGER than Silva/Chuck in the works....it involves both UFC and Pride.......MY guess, is a joint show with Fedor/Sylvia as the main event, obvoiusly.....I'll ask around tomorow at JiuJitsu and see if anyone else heard of it.....
Hmmm. I like the thought of that. Let us know if you hear any rumors.

#18 ·
Sylvia vs. Bob Sapp

I was very impressed by Tim's improvement in hand speed. This was clearly a big difference. AA wimped out by the fifth round because no matter what he threw at Tim, Tim's counter punches kept landing. AA had simply had enough. As long as the title is not on the line, I think Fedor vs Sylvia would be a good fight. Tim has now shown that he is willing to fight defensively in order not to lose the belt. I understand that tactic but it makes for boring fights when the champ won't fight the way he did to get the belt.

#19 ·
I don't see how Sylvia vs. Fedor would be a "bigger" fight than Liddell vs. Silva. Chuck Liddell and Wanderlei Silva are the 2 kings of their respective organizations, I've never met a person that didn't either like both guys or agree that they are without a doubt 2 of the best in the business. Noone cares about Tim Sylvia, it would almost be a slap in the face to Fedor to even make him fight Sylvia.

#20 ·
Sun Tzu said:
What everyone is really failing to see is the true MMA badass of them all. The badass in Danny Abaddi.

If they were to put Fedor and Abaddi into the octagon we would have a world's first for MMA.
is there a BAN feature on this website? haha just kidding....but I truly hope you're not serious about the Abaddi thing......unless you are him and are just trying to get yourself noticed? lol

and as for the rumors, like i said ill ask around tomorow, and report the rumblings

#22 ·
Muzzy said:
I don't see how Sylvia vs. Fedor would be a "bigger" fight than Liddell vs. Silva. Chuck Liddell and Wanderlei Silva are the 2 kings of their respective organizations, I've never met a person that didn't either like both guys or agree that they are without a doubt 2 of the best in the business. Noone cares about Tim Sylvia, it would almost be a slap in the face to Fedor to even make him fight Sylvia.
Spectators love to see heavyweights roll, and if they're both champs, it's gonna be huge. That's the only reason.

#24 ·
jdun11 said:
O Man Hes Crazy To Fight Fedor...didnt He See Fedor Destroy Semmy Schilt, Thats Exactly Wat Would Happen To Sylvia
What is wrong with you people, for anyone to say that Fedor could contend with Tyson in his prime is just wrong, are you crazy or just a newcomer to combat sports? have you ever seen Tyson in his prime? Even when he was an up and comer he would have smashed Fedor, Tyson was a HUGE super conditioned ANIMAL that knocked people sensless with 16oz gloves on, think about what he would do with 4oz gloves. Man you people are stupid. Fedor vs Tyson with 4oz gloves, there is a huge chance of fedor actually getting killed.

#26 ·
Ex-Battousai said:
Sylvia is a joke!!! He is no where near Fedor's level. Fedor is the real "maniac". Slyvia is a little b!tch.
Where do you guys get your info???? Sylvia a *****?? you are a joke. Do you remember when Sylvia fought Ricco Rodriguez? Ricco is a better ground fight that Fedor. Sylvia knoced him silly. you guys base your oppinions one one fight like Arlovski and Sylvia, shit happens fights arent always highlight material, grow up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.