MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Frank Lester: Defining BAMF

View Single Post

Old 05-29-2009, 01:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
IronMan
True Grappler

IronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A Baller
Frank Lester: Defining BAMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan @ MMAOpinion
Upon rewatching the ninth episode of The Ultimate Fighter, I realized that the story, as it often is, was in the underdog. But it’s not in the upset of Bisping’s protege: Dave “The Gagmeister” Faulkner. It’s the way he was upset.

There are so many ways I could joke about the failure of Faulkner and his hypnotist, and how irritating the juvenile Bisping can be. There are endless quips about the monotone of Dan Henderson, win or lose.

But as someone who’s been getting more and more frustrated with the Ultimate Fighter as the series has gone on, especially after a certain toe-headed Team Mir fighter from last season, there was something incredibly cathartic about watching Frank Lester, something that reminded me what I liked about the show.

There are a lot of technical guys on TUF, though less now than there were at the shows inception (in the first two seasons, we’ve seen some of the best fighters in the sport, and the talent pool now is much smaller), but what made the show was not the technical ability of the fighters, as we had nothing to compare it to.

It was the willingness to fight.
Click here to read the rest.

Sig by Toxic

Barnett - Toquinho -Werdum - "Nurmie"
Z. Gurgel - Morango - Rocha - Tiequan
IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote