MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - I'm short but I can't stop relying on the knee.

View Single Post

Old 06-01-2009, 04:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
The Phenom
MMA Fanatic

The Phenom has a little shameless behaviour in the pastThe Phenom has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I'm 5'7" and 190lbs. The way I would work from a situation like that is to clinch only when necessary or when I have set them up for it. Other times I would just work my jab, kicks, and combos and try to stay as light and as evasive as I could until I had them set up for it, then just let my knees go until I couldn't feel my legs lol. I know exactly how it feels, you feel safe when you're clinched up and kneeing, but when he strikes from the top you lose confidence quick, then let go and his reach kicks in. Try to move so much that you are never in the same place twice. Of course this means tons of cardio and endurance, but biegn the greatest doesn't come without a price

-Bruce Lee

Last edited by The Phenom : 06-01-2009 at 05:03 PM.
The Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote