MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - I'm short but I can't stop relying on the knee.

View Single Post

Old 06-01-2009, 07:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Project Oni
MMA Fanatic

Project Oni has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Sounds good. I really should dabble more into counter and evasive fighting. I'm an extremely hardheaded and aggressive fighter whether I'm going against someone my height or someone 8 inches taller than me, heh. Generally, against guys over 6', I'm always trying to sneak in and tie their limbs up where I can give a flurry of elbows or get that 'hit-and-release' clinch on my way out of the clinch range. Mixed results there.

Some evasive fighting like you mentioned will probably open up a ton of knee opportunities. I haven't got many set-ups other than looking for sloppy head movement. In one particular sparring session, a friend who is about 5-6 inches taller than me came rushing in -- I planted a good push kick to his solarplexus, he bent over forward a ton and my knee naturally followed up into his chin with ease.

I guess I've really got to focus on the set-up, mixed with evasive and counter fighting.

Last edited by Project Oni : 06-01-2009 at 08:07 PM.
Project Oni is offline   Reply With Quote