MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Kimbo Slice Hunts for Respect

View Single Post

Old 06-02-2009, 01:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
IronMan
True Grappler

IronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A Baller
Kimbo Slice Hunts for Respect

Thanks to Kevin Iole for breaking the news on this one. Time to talk Kimbo. Lots of fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan @ MMAOpinion
With the revelation that Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson will compete on the tenth season of the Ultimate Fighter, it’s hard to isolate any sort of motive the most famous beard in MMA might have to step into the world of $5,000 bonuses and alcoholic, fraternity-esque antics.

Those who have seen Kimbo’s interviews know that the tough guy act found in his youtube videos is not generally the persona he presents, and the thirty-five year old father of six is a more likeable character than the street thug than people who talk about him in the gym seem to realize.

Of course, there are benefits to appearing on a reality show, and I can already see MTV attempting to steal Slice for a TUF spinoff. Maybe he could co-host it with Jason Miller. Still, there’s no doubt in my mind why Slice is stepping into the cage on TUF, and while I fully expect a legitimate, technically skilled heavyweight to completely decimate him (probably in similar fashion to the only reasonably young fighter Kimbo has ever fought, TUF 2 veteran Seth Petruzelli), it’s clear that Kimbo is doing this for respect.
Click here to read the rest.

Sig by Toxic

Barnett - Toquinho -Werdum - "Nurmie"
Z. Gurgel - Morango - Rocha - Tiequan
IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote