Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Predictions - Title Holders UFC end of 2007

2K views 39 replies 27 participants last post by  daman5 
#1 ·
Thought I'd see what everyone thinks. Who will hold each UFC title at the end of 2007? Here's what I think, let me know your thoughts.

Lightweight - BJ Penn - no one can match him if he can cut the weight

Welterweight - George St. Pierre - no one is close to him, will take out Serra, Hughes again, then Diego

Middleweight - Travis Lutter (lol, I'm sure I'll here some comments on this one), will take his next 3 fights to the ground in boring fashion and submit them

Light Heavyweight - Chuck Liddell - Rampage gives him a stiff test, but who else can challenge him these days, I think if Vera came down in weight he could, but he's still in the heavyweight division as of right now

Heavyweight - Mirko Cro Cop Filipovic - Can't wait to see him take out Sylvia, as many have stated before me, but damn that will be awesome

#33 ·
daman5 said:
Look, i dont go back over 6 years of fighting, and Cro-Cop is the K-1 fighting chamo in KICKBOXING not in mma, again FACTS PEOPLE!!

You call me a Troll but you have yet to say anything correct......

Truth hurts!
Mate what you on about!! CroCop has never been the K1 champion. He is like Lebanner, having the best victories but not ever being the champion. He could have been champ in 99 but lost to Ernesto Hoost

#34 ·
2 comments-

One, Daman5's sig does kinda suck, sorry sdude...

Two, Daman5 has been a pretty damn good poster on this board. If you really think he doesn't know what he's talking about, take a peek back at several arguments and then call yourself ignorant, you're just doing the whole thing I posted a thread about when I said if you don't like someone, then you say they suck ass and have no skill inf ighting, just the same rules being applied to a message board, so grow up, everyone's entitled to be wrong.

Champs are pretty set.

BJ Penn
GSP or Sanchez (don't see Hughes taking it back)
Silva
Lidell (Rampage will be a great fight, 50/50 but going with Lidell)
Cro Cop (I like Arlovski as a fghter, but he ain't takin' out CC)

#36 ·
NaChOmAmA said:
Im gonna have to go with the following

HW - Cabbage
LHW - Tito WhOrtiz
MW - Lutter
WW - Serra
LW - vacant (because a vacancy is better than having Sherk as champ)

as you can all tell, im kidding...I think its kinda obvious who the champs will be now that we have some Pride fighters coming in!

HW - Cro Cop
LHW - Rampage
MW - Silva
WW - GSP
LW - BJ Penn

Thats a pretty solid champ line...and if that happens...we might see a UFC vs Pride

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

#38 ·
Heavyweight: Mikro "Cro Cop" Filipovic

Light heavyweight: Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell

Middleweight: Rich "Ace" Franklin (I think he can regain the belt after losing some octagon rust, he trains like an animal).

Welterweight: Georges "Rush" St. Pierre

Lightweight: B.J. "The Prodigy" Penn if he decides to stay at this division. If not, then it will still be Sean "The Muscle Shark" Sherk.

#39 ·
Don$ukh said:
Mate what you on about!! CroCop has never been the K1 champion. He is like Lebanner, having the best victories but not ever being the champion. He could have been champ in 99 but lost to Ernesto Hoost

my bad hes been in the K-1 Grand prix finals like 5 times, but tahts not the point, this guy was saying that was comparing Kickboxing to MMA.

CroCop made his MMA name in Pride no matter what way you slice it or say it.

#40 ·
Rated said:
Heavyweight: Mikro "Cro Cop" Filipovic

Light heavyweight: Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell

Middleweight: Rich "Ace" Franklin (I think he can regain the belt after losing some octagon rust, he trains like an animal).

Welterweight: Georges "Rush" St. Pierre

Lightweight: B.J. "The Prodigy" Penn if he decides to stay at this division. If not, then it will still be Sean "The Muscle Shark" Sherk.
So you think Rich will beat Anderson?

But just because he runs with weights still doesn't make him a good fighter. He better start training in a Martial Art before he even dreams to do ANY damage against Anderson.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.