Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

**Co-Main Event for UFC 104**

1K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  pipe 
#1 ·
UFC 104 in October will feature Lyoto Machida vs. Shogun Rua.

the best Idea for a Co Main Event would be for....

Wanderlei Silva vs. Patrick Cote at 185 lbs.

vs.

gimme thoughts?

See less See more
Reactions: Xerxes
#7 ·
Cote would hurt Wandy, Wanderlei should be fighting somebody who he can hurt standing and thats not Cote, Cote would lay Wandy out and even I dont want to see that.

#8 ·
I have to agree. Cote barely winced after getting blasted by Drew McFedries and Chris Leben. Not to mention Cote hits hard. All that means is Wanderlei might land some good shots but Cote would shake them off and most likely KO Wandy... Not a good match up for Wanderlei.

#11 ·
On a bright note Wand has been KOed by the hardest hitting LHWs hopefully he can withstand the power of Cote. I've always thought this was a great match up. I think having his henchman and another fellow Brazillian on the card should inspire him.

#14 ·
Silva would have to use the clinch and run into Patrick swinging for the fences. Thats what always worked for Wandy, he needs to go back to it.

#17 ·
I think Cote or Leben are bad fights for Wand. They would both KO him imo. Its a shame he cant fight Goulet or Terry Martin, thats what I want to see. The guy needs a KO win asap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.