MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Currently Reading?

View Single Post

Old 06-18-2009, 11:17 AM   #203 (permalink)
Darkwraith
Clowns will eat me

Darkwraith Is Respected By All He CrossesDarkwraith Is Respected By All He CrossesDarkwraith Is Respected By All He CrossesDarkwraith Is Respected By All He CrossesDarkwraith Is Respected By All He CrossesDarkwraith Is Respected By All He CrossesDarkwraith Is Respected By All He CrossesDarkwraith Is Respected By All He CrossesDarkwraith Is Respected By All He CrossesDarkwraith Is Respected By All He CrossesDarkwraith Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker View Post
The Hollywood version with Sting playing Feyd and directed by David Lynch sucks monkey balls how badly they f#cked up the book.

While not perfect but much better than the original movie- the Dune mini-series that the Sci-fi channel made is much better at following the story without massive changes. It's a 3 disc set(the director's cut) but you can probably find it at a discount store for pretty cheap.

Generally I really don't like movie versions of books it's really had to condense a book's plot into a visual medium like film but some do a pretty decent job.
Exactly. Most ofthe time I would rather read the book. At least first. I love the Lord of The Rings movies, but the books blow them away of course. They just have so much more contained in the pages than a movie ever can. I actually know someone who is about to sell that Dune movie set at a yard sale. I may call them and see if i can pick it up since i have never gotten to see it.

Thanks to Toxic for the Awesome Sig!

Even if the whole world is against you, one thing will never let you down. That thing is beer.

Darkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote