Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

MMA fighter's vs the world.

2K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  somber89 
#1 ·
So I was talking to my dad and my brother who don't know much about MMA and they think that the best fighters in the military special forces like the Green Barrets would win in a fight to the death against the best MMA fighters in the world. The rules would be one vs one with no weapons in a cage or ring. Other than that, no rules.
I think even the worst pro mma fighters would win.

Also, they think that there are Shaolin Monks who would beat any fighter in the world cause they have secret moves and have been fighting for thousands of years and some BS like that. Imagine Fedor vs any Monk haha. It's cause the damn history channel and other programs like that talk about how great the Monks are and stuff and people buy into it. There's no secret moves that paralyze people in one shot or any BS like that.

Just wanted your thoughts on the topic.

#2 ·
I think its kinda hard to say. The guys that train in the special forces stuff are probably training moves that would quickly incapacitate or kill you. I dont think most pro mixed martial artists work on throat strikes and things like that. If it was to the death, the guys that are trained to kill would probably win.

#3 ·
So I was talking to my dad and my brother who don't know much about MMA and they think that the best fighters in the military special forces like the Green Barrets would win in a fight to the death against the best MMA fighters in the world. The rules would be one vs one with no weapons in a cage or ring. Other than that, no rules.
I think even the worst pro mma fighters would win.
One of my training partners is a Navy Seal. Those guys are badass. That said, they train for weapons fighting a lot of the time. Without the weapons, one on one, it's hard to take an MMA guy (of course, if you can gouge the eyes and kick him in the groin, it's a little different).

That said, the worst pro MMA fighters are terrible. Seriously, google Scott Blevins.

Also, they think that there are Shaolin Monks who would beat any fighter in the world cause they have secret moves and have been fighting for thousands of years and some BS like that. Imagine Fedor vs any Monk haha. It's cause the damn history channel and other programs like that talk about how great the Monks are and stuff and people buy into it. There's no secret moves that paralyze people in one shot or any BS like that.
I would take MMA fighters over Shaolin monks all day long. The monks are great athletes, but they aren't training for combat in the same way that MMA fighters are, and their techniques lack practical application in many scenarios.

Muay thai fighters have consistently destroyed representatives of shaolin systems, and I have a feeling MMA fighters would handle it similarly.

Reactions: diablo5597
#5 ·
no rules then the best guys in marine ops.. isreali army etc would win.. maybe not against the best in the world..that would be something to see..but guys not high on the mma rankings would get destroyed with no rules..u gotta remember eye gouging and alot of other shit..throut punches man. are leathal...and dont underestimate shaolin monks there is pressure points that can kill you with one blow..dont watch the mcdojo bullshit guys that pretend to be shaolin masters.

#8 ·
.and dont underestimate shaolin monks there is pressure points that can kill you with one blow..
No there aren't. You can kill a man with a blow to the head or throat but there are no secret pressure points that will magically drop someone. I would expect MMA guys to do very well, even against someone like SEAL's, Green Beret's, or any kind of commando. MMA is close to real fighting and if you are a professional MMA fighter it is your job. Various commandos are obviously more dangerous because of weapons and potential experience in actually killing people but in a no weapons situation MMA guys would do fine. Throat, groin and eye strikes are going to change things somewhat but not radically.

#6 ·
I'm not sure how well MMA fighters would do against a good Krav Maga practitioner, that shit is hardcore. Though I would be inclined to say that most Military close quarters combat is focused on fighting with weapons. In an outright hand to hand fight the MMA fighter will most likely win.

#15 ·
Krav Maga is grossly overrated. I don't need to pay someone to tell me how to kicks somebody in the testicles. (Ouch).

I doubt ANY MMA fighter (besides Fedor and Lesnar) could beat a prime Mike Tyson. The guy was too fxcking crazy for almost anyone to handle.

Actually, many fighters could, if they took it to the ground. That's whats so great about MMA. The fight (unlike boxing) can take place anywhere.

#7 ·
I think MMA fighters hold the advantage. Just because we don't see them throwing kicks to the groin or using eye gouges when it hits the mat, doesn't imply they don't know how to.

I'm sure during the course of their years of training they have learnt many "illegal" underhand tactics that could be used in a "street fight" fight to the death simulation. They don't use it in the organization they fight in simply because they are not allowed. And as such they are probably aware of how to defend things, a kick to the groin probably serves as a kick to the midsection and as such the same defence would be used.

That said Commandos and Marines are tough sons of bitches and know how to fight, however I would put my money on the professional MMA fighter.

Agreed with the shaolin monks, tv films and literature have all made them seem invincible. They are able to perform great feats and are great martial artists. They ARE NOT great fighters. As ironman said, they have been destroyed vs muai-thay fighters in the past. At the end of the day my money goes on the MMA fighter.

Reactions: diablo5597
#12 ·
Correct me if I'm wrong, someone more knowledgeable will probably be aware of this- but wasn't there a show match between a top Japanese wrestler I think and Tyson/Ali I can't remember (I think the latter, for what it's worth) And the wrestler put him on his back and it showed he was like a fish out of water even with all that power once it hit the mat.

I'm going to look it up now, I also recall it being sort of kept out of mainstream media news. Please don't call me out on this it's from my vague memory- just trying to add to the topic!

#13 ·
thats pretty interesting, i found a link to an article about the fight between ali and the japanese wrestler

http://prowrestling.about.com/od/thebiggestrivalries/p/inokivsali.htm

the fight was completely uneventful and was considered a draw. ali's boxing was completely nullified though as he only landed around 15 punches in 15 rounds, so i don't know how ali didn't lose.

#18 ·
If the mixed martail artist had a regular training camp to prepare for throat/eye strikes and death blows; mma wins every time. Soldiers dont train in un-armed comat all the time, there busy being soldiers, shooting guns and dying in combat. If the two were to meet in a dark alley, the trained killer might have a chance.

#19 ·
Guy- I'm sorry but I think that's pretty ignorant. Oh he eventually would get to his feet and knock him out?

Oh well I'm sure all Nog had to do vs Mir was take it to the ground and it would be over. What a ridiculous sweeping statement with absolutely no respect for the wrestling game and ability to control a fight.

#20 ·
This is ridiculous, the Navy SEALs and US Marines are not successful at what they do because of superior eye gouging and groin kicking techniques. A second grader can eye gouge and kick someone in the balls, its really not too difficult.

Ask a Marine or Navy SEAL how many hours they spent on training eye gouging and groin shots, it is going to be a very short period of time, why? Because that is not a very big focus for the military, they would much rather use their rifle, sidearm, or knife(s), also because it is not very hard to pick up on. The MMA guys would be able to kick someone in the balls just as easy as a guy in the military would, except they will most likely be kicking much much harder.

Now ask Fedor how long he trained that lead left hook that ruined the lives of Gary Goodridge, Sylvia, and many others. If they both knew they were about to fight each other (no sneak attact stuff) Fedor would land that lead left before the military guy could even lift his leg for the groin shot, and don't even start with the eye gouge bullshit, good luck getting in close enough for that against one of the best fighters in the world (and never forget the MMA guy can do it as well). Just think about A.Sliva and a Navy SEAL both doing groin shots to start off their FIGHT TO THE DEATH RARRR, who is gonna get there first?

Now I have all the respect in the world for guys in the Special Forces, but they are just guys who are in good shape, smart, tough, and very mentally strong, they are not by any means professional athletes. I also find it quite ironic that I just shortly before seeing this thread watched Ben Saunders vs Brandon Wolf (ex Navy SEAL) on Spike. Not only did Saunders demolish Wolf in the 1st round, but he also started the fight off with an accidental kick to the groin ha. Also never forget that most Special Ops guys are going to be smaller than even LHWs, they are all about pulling body weight and moving for long distances, that is much harder for big guys.

And I am not even going to start on MMA guys vs Shaolin Monks just . . . come on now . . . really?

#21 ·
Honestly, there is no point in guessing who would win. The defensive tactics you are taught are all generally a certain style, even in the military. Grouping all the best fighters into one category just isn't right because in the end it all comes down to training, tactics, and experience. A shaolin monk could beat the crap out of any MMA fighter if he was strong enough to do so, and likewise, a special forces guy could beat everyone in the world with his left pink while humming the national anthem if he was that good. The question can only be answered if you have a favorite side, or fall into one of the topic conversation categories. However, if i was to answer, i would say MMA fighters and specops fall short of shaolin. This is only because MMA fighters are generally rule bound cage fighters, and the military is not trained in martial arts as well as the general public would believe lol (guns dont allow for the use of hands)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.