MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Bas Rutten's possible return!!!

View Single Post

Old 05-26-2006, 12:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Sub By Armbar
Banned

Sub By Armbar has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onganju
Bas could easily fight at 205. However, as eager as I am to see what he could do now, he would have to go through the paces to get back into things. The MMA scene has evolved greatly since he was UFC HW Champ, and the level of competition (and skill) has increased drastically since the inception of MMA.

He's been gone for a looonnnnggg time... Over 7 years to be exact. Many greats lose a lot being away from the ring in only a fraction of the amount of time.
I agree. He most likely will be fighting in the IFL if he does return, so the chances of a Rutten/Liddell match is pretty slim anyway. IFL will be a good place for him to get some tune-up fights though. That way we can see were he is at, now that he is getting up there in age.

Hearing that he is possibly coming back makes me think about what would have been if he had never left? All the great possible matchups we missed when that guy left is unreal.

Bas/Liddell, Couture, Belfort, Silva, Rua, Ortiz, Randleman 2, Vovchanchyn, Overeem and the list could go on...
Sub By Armbar is offline   Reply With Quote