Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

MY first fight

3K views 33 replies 19 participants last post by  shawnryan 
#1 ·
Jan 20 At Super Kicks In Rochester Michigan Im Nervous As Hell

#7 ·
start chewing alot of bazooka buble gum thats the hardest brand there is. When you do that drink ice water at the same time. That will give you a stronger jaw and chin so you can take more punishment.

Also work your neck muscles alot so that they become thicker and harder for people to submit you with chokes. You can actually buy a couple of extra secounds on a submition by doing that. Im serious chew bazooka buble gum all day if you can. Once you get poped in the mouth hard some times you cant fully close your mouth. Doing stuff like that now will help you later.

Also invest in a shock dr mouth peice not the random generic kind. Shock dr are better for absorbing blows. Also practice bitting on the moment of impact that lessens the hit a little.

#9 ·
shawnryan said:
Jan 20 At Super Kicks In Rochester Michigan Im Nervous As Hell
good luck brother. i might be fighting in march in jersey. if you have any contact info for the org you are fighting for post it. i want to fight like 4 or 5 times this year where ever i can. mrmyz gave you some good advice. i think another thing you have to remember is to try and control your emotion on the way to the ring/cage. if you get too pumped up on the way out you'll gas really early. try to stay as calm as you can. again good luck, we all support you here.

#13 ·
Thank you guys for the words of wisdom i am 160lbs and these corn holes will not tell me who im fighting until about one hour prior. that is gay they said were gonna make the other fighter as close to my weight as possible ...im gonna youtube so all you guys can see win or lose

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.