MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Currently Reading?

View Single Post

Old 07-15-2009, 07:12 PM   #219 (permalink)
Davisty69
CoutureCop

Davisty69 Is Destined For GreatnessDavisty69 Is Destined For GreatnessDavisty69 Is Destined For GreatnessDavisty69 Is Destined For GreatnessDavisty69 Is Destined For GreatnessDavisty69 Is Destined For GreatnessDavisty69 Is Destined For GreatnessDavisty69 Is Destined For GreatnessDavisty69 Is Destined For GreatnessDavisty69 Is Destined For GreatnessDavisty69 Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by KryOnicle View Post
Trying oh so hard to read 'Feast for Crows' by George R.R Martin. Book 4 of 'Ice and Fire' series.

The first 3 I absolutly sailed through, loving every word. This though... he's cut out many characters (saving them for the next apparently) and added frankly.. quite boring ones in their place.

I can only read one or two chapters at a time with this which is a real shame, I was enjoying the series so much.
Hey, I know this is from 15 days ago, but I have to say that GRRM's Song of Ice and Fire series are my absolute favorite fantasy series. All of them. I am patiently waiting for that last book(s) in the series.

I've been going through and reading all of the supposed top 10 fantasy series. In the past 3 years I have read a lot.

Farseer Trilogy - Robin Hobb (great series with some of the best character development I've ever read)
Song of Ice and Fire - GRRM (So far, my all time favorite fantasy series)
Belgariad series and Malorean Series - Eddings
Riftwar Saga - Feist
Tried Shannara Series and hated it to no end
Chronicles of Amber and Merlin Series' by Zelazny
Harry Potter - Rowling
Dresden Chronicles - Jim Butcher (Probably my second favorite series. Absolutely a blast to read)
All but the last book of Eragon (meh... not great, not horrible)
Bartimaeus Trilogy - Stroud (actually, pretty damn good. At least I think so )
Sword of Truth Series - Goodkind (great until about book 7... it just got boring/dumb)
Coldfire Trilogy - C.S. Friedman (Great Great series. The characters really grabbed me for some reason)

Currently reading The Wheel of Time series and I'm liking it a lot.

Also currently picking at Forrest's book "Got Fight?" and Randy's book "Becoming the Natural". Forrest's book is absolutely hilarious.

Check out MMAforum.com's
Top 25 Fights to show a new MMA fan!!

http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/69374-to...ml#post1079252
Davisty69 is offline   Reply With Quote