Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Cannuckles/Max Marin Calgary??

8K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  DYNMMA 
#1 ·
hey, im just getting into MMA. I've checked out the websites of a few gyms in Calgary and have only physically been to Cannuckles. I'm interested in joining them, and im wondering if anyone has heard anything good or bad about Max and or Cannuckles.

They dont train any specific style, they call it MMA training incorporating different techniques. Anyone have anythin to say about this being a good way to start or no?

I'm more interested in the stand-up striking aspect, and I plan on competing some day. Any advice would be great

#2 ·
I've heard it's quite good, they got a good team of fighters there, now you got to be sure what you want to train, want to get into MMA you got to train MMA, interested in just stand-up better check boxing or kickboxing gyms, but my toughts about it, you want MMA? you'll get the whole package, 'cause it's not an option to be weak in one area

#3 · (Edited)
well, actually been training for over 7 months now at a differnt gym. been on a break for the past 4 months because of a broken collarbone. Im looking into joining BDB at the moment, any word on them? Ive only heard good things about BDB calgary, hopefully they'll take me to the next level. Would love to start at Cannuckles, but its too damn far of a drive for me.

Funny thing, found out my neighbor was a childhood friend of Max's haha, she actually approched me outa the blue and asked me how my MMA was goin, and told me that i should check out this place called Cannuckles :p

#4 · (Edited)
They have a great reputation and have an outstanding stable of fighters. Max is a class act and helped promote the Raw Combat show last Oct. 25th at the Stampede Corral. BDB
is solid, Gracie Barra, Dynamics, etc. Let me know how it goes...

#6 ·
I am a member at canuckles and it is an amazing place to learn all aspects of the sport. Max and the rest of trainers are incredible and their knowledge of MMA is among the best. The environment is friendly and very warm. Definitly come down to and train at canuckles if you want to learn and/or compete in the sport with the best!

#10 ·
Dynamic MMA

I've trained at many places, but I would have to say that Dynamic MMA is the best gym in town. I'm training there now, and honestly? We are a TEAM. We all help each other out, and we take Mixed Martial Arts to a whole new level. We grapple, box, kickbox and then mix it all together. Vince is also a great instructor!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.