Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Is this true?

1K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  jamlena 
#1 ·
Big John was not the ref.. Tito banned him from being the ref as he thought he lets chuck get away with eye gouges..

Someone told me this, is it true?

#4 ·
There is loads of stuff about Chuck using eye gouges flying around. apparently he stopped fighting in pride because he couldn't use the gloves to his advantage as much. Titos eye was ****ed after their first fight, but I have no idea how much truth there is in it.

#5 ·
I think its a load of crap, Why does John McCarthy have to ref the headline fights anyway? there are other refs, and lets face it getting a thumb in the eye is going to happen once in a while with 4oz gloves.

#8 ·
pauly_j said:
There is loads of stuff about Chuck using eye gouges flying around. apparently he stopped fighting in pride because he couldn't use the gloves to his advantage as much. Titos eye was ****ed after their first fight, but I have no idea how much truth there is in it.

His eye was ****ed? How so? Can we please see some medical documentation that says Tito received any damage to his eye whatsoever?

Tito is a loser and a crybaby and the whole eye poke business is complete bullshit.

#12 ·
Watch the fight, Chucks thumb goes straight into his eye. There are loads of slow motion versions of it. You can see by Titos reaction afterwards that he just got poked in the eye too. His right eye was full of ruptured capileries and he said after the fight that he was blinded half way through. I know he talks shit but it wasn't just a coincidence that time. There's lots of stuff about it. I don't know if its deliberate or not, but Chucks certainly been sticking his thumb in alot of (p)eyes.

#14 ·
I like how Tito kept saying:

"Thumb up inside my eyeball itself." Eyeball itself? If he got a thumb inside the eyeball it probably would have came out still on the thumb wouldn't it?

He poked him in the eye. But big deal, it happens all the time. He could have called time for it. He could have even made it really really dramatic like Matt Hughes, and gotten his rest for it.

The UFC probably can't even pick the ref for a fight. And if so, Dana White's feelings towards Tito wouldn't let him dictate shit like that anyways.

#15 ·
then how come they made sure mccarthy was the ref for ortiz/shamrock 3? shamrock whined about herb dean and said it had to be bj for the next fight. voila bj reffed it. i think tito would b a moron to request anyone other than bj cuz imo bj is the best there is, but its definatly a request that could be made.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.