Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

In desperate need of help about high kicks!!

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Spart 
#1 ·
Basically it sounds strange but say if i put my leg on somebodys shoulder then they stand up so my leg is pointing upwards, then my leg is quite flexible however for some reason when i try to do high kicks i literally cannot raise my leg half the height that i would be able to if somebody helped, each time i go to kick high my leg doesnt go straight and i end up losing balance no matter how i turn my foot, i have the correct technique in balance however for some reason i just cant high kick or get my leg high at all!!!!

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

Al

#3 ·
Watch your foot orientation. It's a lot harder to get the legs up there if your calves are stretched, so that you can kick with the ball of your foot.

As the other poster said, stretch your hams and quads. And your calves. And... your hip adductors, as well. You don't just want to be able to do a high front kick, you want a high roundhouse as well. Do some side-splits.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.