MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Simple PS2 Question?

View Single Post

Old 01-09-2007, 10:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Onganju
Outta My Head

Onganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabby
Can you put those clear covers for discs on ur game possibly or can't u do that?
Disc caddies? Only if the drive accepts disc that way. I also know there is a few repair "solutions" that involve filling the scratch with liquid resin (kinda like clear nail polish), but that needs to be buffed out also when you finish. So, Disc Doctor away... If not, get a new(er) copy of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaMFSFan
I'd personally be a bit concerned if the game had a huge scratch or something. Its always possible to damage the laser lens or at least I think thats a possiblity.
If it's just a simple scratch (straight line) then I wouldn't worry about the lense. However, if the scratch looks like a full cocentric circle/orbit along the bottom of the disc, that means the lens is making contact with the disc and is most likely out of alignment. That usually means you're looking at shelling out money for a new system. That's the only time scratches are an indication of the system going out.

Queng leon queng tigre ecu tacacut, queca pa? - Pampangan Mandarigma Motto

My Blog <--READ IT!
Onganju is offline   Reply With Quote