MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Q's on creatine...

View Single Post

Old 07-27-2009, 12:26 PM   #17 (permalink)
NyPhenom718
MMA Fanatic

NyPhenom718 Needs A HugNyPhenom718 Needs A HugNyPhenom718 Needs A HugNyPhenom718 Needs A HugNyPhenom718 Needs A HugNyPhenom718 Needs A Hug
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldcall420 View Post
It is a pre work out...when do you take your creatine.......after you workout????

If we are getting specific it has I believe three creatines in it....It may not be just creatine but its in there.......and gatorade delivers creatine bette to muscles than water......
http://www.vpxsports.com/sports-nutr...o-shotgun.aspx

Look at hte ingrdients heres just one the rest are in the link above.......

With COP™ (Creatinol-O-Phosphate) to enhance anaerobic glycolysis and CPT (di-Na Creatine PhosphateTetrahydrate) -- two designer creatines proven in VPX labs to be resistant to conversion to creatinine. This eliminates bloating and allows transport of intact COP and CPT into muscle tissue!

I also intake fish oil and at least 90 mg's of protien.....45mgs in the morning with a shake containing tablespoon skim milk, teaspoon peanut butter (good fat), blueberries, bananas 1 1/2 and two cups of oatmeal, and ice.....

Repeated at night minus the oatmeal......
A pre-workout product is not the same a creatine product. Pre-workout products are usually composed of stimulants + extras rather than just creatine or creatine + extras. Its designed to give you that boost, pump, or focus prior to lifting weights. Creatine also depending on the type can be taken Pre, Intra, or Post.

I know what's in NO-Shotgun, I have jug in my room. Its creatine forms are nothing to get excited about, lots of companies are creating their own creatine forms nowadays. Its still not a creatine product however, its pre-workout product. It designed mainly for that purpose although it does have creatine as well. Its called Nitric Oxide-Shotgun for a reason. Why does gatorade do that? If your talking creatine mono then any juice type beverage except ones with a lot of Acid, OJ for example, is thought to help the uptake of it. With other forms its not needed. If you know how creatine works you know that it NEEDS water. Drink it with w/e you want but you need water. Daily not just for this. But creatine works by pulling water into the muscle, etc. Without taking in enough water, you won't be getting the full effects.