MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Alcohol and Exercise

View Single Post

Old 01-10-2007, 02:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
Onganju
Outta My Head

Onganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA_76
i cant tell u much on this subject but my sister a senior who is gettin a major in health science under georgia this year told me that for every one drink (including 1 beer, 1 shot, or 1 mixed drink) basically cancels out a 45 minutes cardio excercize that you have done in the past 3 days. i also read it somewhere on the internet, that is y ppl get beer bellies so easily im guesing
That's a little far-fetched if you ask me. Based off of that, if I were to work out including 45 minutes of cardio 3 times a week (Mon, Wed, and Fri) and I had 1 double (2 shots) on Tues and Saturday, I would actually be in the hole by 45 minutes. In fact, if I did that for 2 months I would actually end up in worst shape if that were true, and I know it doesn't happen that way. What is she modeling that off of, calorie counts? I don't buy that.

It is like when they say you lose 3 minutes off the end of your life for every cigarette you smoke. This only accounts for a margin of less than 20 years on a 70-year old adult who's been chain smoking since they were 13. Realistically, there would be way too many things to factor in that would either extend or shorten a person's life to concretely make that claim. Your sister's claim sounds like something that would be quoted in an anti-drinking campaign, more than something that can realistically be measured under scientific circumstances.

And the "Beer Belly" is caused by the swelling of your inner-organs (namely your liver, pancreas and spleen along with your intestines) caused by the additional stress of having to filter out excess toxins (namely alcohol) from your system. It has nothing to do with what you've stated above.

Queng leon queng tigre ecu tacacut, queca pa? - Pampangan Mandarigma Motto

My Blog <--READ IT!
Onganju is offline   Reply With Quote