MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Does being a Jerk help you as a fighter?

View Single Post

Old 01-10-2007, 08:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
kishiro
Bantamweight

kishiro is an unknown quantity at this pointkishiro is an unknown quantity at this pointkishiro is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choke_Wire
I was just thinking about this. Does being a jerk give your some sort of edge over a more plesent fighter. I know it dosnt make you better than everyone else (GSP vs Matt would be an example). But could it give you a mental edge over some fighters? Is there anyway to truly tell
i believe some fighters act this way thinking it will make them more marketable. but the fact they are missing is being an asshole is not being full of charisma. ie. floyd mayweather jr. a jerk, and could not put up ppv numbers like prince naseem did in his day, the prince was an asshole too, but he had the ability to sell his charismatic character was the selling point, people paid to see him lose. but it did get him paid.

i believe the money pushes the mentality, everyone love a grudge match, everyone love good vs evil....
kishiro is offline   Reply With Quote