Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Who didn't see this coming a mile away?

1K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  mmakwesasne84 
#1 ·
everyone knows damn well that coture was gonna come back...but isnt it kinda odd hat he's gonna fight in the heavyweight division agaisnt somone much larger and taller than him?

#2 ·
the real hitman said:
everyone knows damn well that coture was gonna come back...but isnt it kinda odd hat he's gonna fight in the heavyweight division agaisnt somone much larger and taller than him?
Because Tim Sylvia is left with no real opponent for UFC 68. Tim beat AA twice, Cro Cop is fighting Sanchez at 67, Vera blew his chance by trying to get more money, and Gonzaga decided to pull out. That pretty much leaves the Champion wide open to any challenger.

Also, he probably wants to put some excitment back into the heavyweight division. He knows how lacking it is and probably wants to give the fans something for thier money.

#4 ·
IowaMFSFan said:
Its pretty hard for this Warriors to retire IMO. I can understand it,I just hope Couture doesnt embarrass himself.
I agree, Randy is awesome butI really hope he does'nt get embarassed like Royce Gracie.

#6 ·
Monson had trouble with Tim on the ground, and I think Tim can out jab Randy standing. I hope its not another boring fight but it looks like thats what will happen.

#9 ·
Kharney19 said:
Monson had trouble with Tim on the ground, and I think Tim can out jab Randy standing. I hope its not another boring fight but it looks like thats what will happen.
Yeah but Randy's a better wrestler than Monson. Monson's a great submossions guy but it didn't help him that he had a rough time taking down Silvia. Randy has quicker shots and he's taller than 5'9". Besides the fact that Monson didn't do to bad on his feet against Sylvia. My thought is if Sylvia doesn't knock out Randy, Sylvia will lose a decision.

#10 ·
the ufc is doing this on purpose.
they want names on fights they can sell...randy has a 1-5 chance of beating sylvia...size does matter...monson is at least close to the level of randy..and hes not as old and hes 30pds heavier...its a bad match up...randys doing this to sell the ufc.
...they should of spent the $ on vera and given him more then 10k a fight

#11 ·
I can't believe people are comparing Monson to Couture! Randy is so much more than a great wrestler, he loves dirty boxing which is something that would have big Tim in a position he's not used to. He's a master at getting someone up against the cage and wearing them down. Monson basically just goes for the takedown constantly which makes it a relatively easy fight compared to someone who's got more than 1 dimension.

#12 ·
Zender said:
I can't believe people are comparing Monson to Couture! Randy is so much more than a great wrestler, he loves dirty boxing which is something that would have big Tim in a position he's not used to. He's a master at getting someone up against the cage and wearing them down. Monson basically just goes for the takedown constantly which makes it a relatively easy fight compared to someone who's got more than 1 dimension.

Well said, i agree 100% people should stop comparing the two on there wrestling abilty becuase there is just no comparison.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.