MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - TUF Suggestions

Thread: TUF Suggestions
View Single Post

Old 07-10-2006, 09:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thakkus
MMA Fanatic

Thakkus has a little shameless behaviour in the past
TUF Suggestions

The drama and isolation of the training mansion is beginning to get old, in my view. This format actually detracts from the quality of fighters that can be included in the show because the producers seem overly interested in personalities rather than skills.

My idea -- Each week, feature a mini documentary showing a film bio of the fighter, where they come from, their story, why they fight, their families, etc. along with current interviews about the upcoming fight, then finish the episode with the fight. In the bio, the TUF camera goes to the home turf of the fighter and shows us where they really come from. They could include interviews with friends and family discussing how much it means to them that the fighter is appearing on TUF with a chance to make his dream come true. This could be a cool feature.

The fighters bring their own trainers, although having UFC coaches is still a pretty good idea. They all stay in a hotel, in their own rooms, with more freedom to move around. Each week, someone is eliminated, like now.

I say this would open things up to top talent around the world. Right now, the guys on the show are amateur level, for the most part. There are fighters around the world that are several levels above these guys, yet who haven't had a pro break yet. Get these guys on the show.

Your thoughts?

Thak