MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Can you guys help?

View Single Post

Old 08-14-2009, 04:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
hashashin
MMA Fanatic

hashashin has a little shameless behaviour in the past
hey, its good that you do a sport, because you could always apply conventions from every sport into mma, such as your cardio skills, balance ect..
but the main difference in mma is you will defonatly get rocked sooner then later because its the only way you learn to up your game, and many people such as my friends dropped gave up.
A good thing about America is you can do wrestling in high school but i believe striking is more important and in my opinion if you wana work on striking i advise you take up either muay thai, boxing or kick boxing, but bare in mind youve gota adapt what you learn from them to suit mma.
I also advise you have a few inter club armature bouts in your chosen striking activity to get the gist of exchanging strikes.
Then when your confident apply your ground skills and get into mma.

that said, i'd like to just state this is my opinion, it probably aint the best one but it worked for me so if your not too sure about it, go it your own way and good luck in the future
hashashin is offline   Reply With Quote