MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - MMA Embarrassment, by Curtis Clontz

View Single Post

Old 08-15-2009, 08:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
HexRei
I Finish Threads

HexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By All
I don't get the part where he says "Things like this is the reason I can’t go to Madison Square Garden and watch UFC fights! This is why people shy away from the sport and refer to it as a fad instead of one of the next top 4."

By his own admission this guy is at a horribly corrupt, foul, tiny, backyard promotion. What does the UFC have to do with this event? Is he suggesting that the average fan goes to local smokers and amateur events and sees this? I don't think so. I think the average fan watches UFC and not much else, probably isn't even aware of the smalltime local promotions. UFC events are not like this (anymore)- occasionally a can gets into the mix, but most of the time, UFC matchups are made with the assumption that a competitive fight will go down. Not sure what he meant with that comment.