MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Breaking into M.M.A. Training Log

View Single Post

Old 08-17-2009, 07:25 PM   #365 (permalink)
illmatic
Featherweight

illmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of light
Saturday
BJJ. Was going to lift beforehand but I got tricked into a sales pitch from a vacuum salesman that wasted my morning. In BJJ the warmup was pretty tough, followed technique of escapes/passes in half guard. then we did a king of the mats type scenario starting in guard. I did second best. I could have did better but one guy started before I could get closed guard on him and he passed.

Looks like the BJJ tournament in mid september that my friend and I were eyeing up is cancelled. Fortunately our owner said he's looking to start running 4 tournaments a year. Unfortunately for me, the first is starting on the day of my fight.

Sunday
Rest

Monday
Conditioning

Burpees (5x3 minute rounds, 1 min rest)
1 - 33
2 - 27
3 - 23
4 - 22
5 - 21
Total - 126

Beat my all time best by two. Almost puked afterwards. I'm content that I'm finally making more headway with these things. Going to chart my progress in a second here.

I talked to the weight's gym owner, I've got the okay to use the heavy bag room early in the morning before work. Will probably start thursday/friday and work on a rusted striking game.

Watching a bit of Saulo or Demian now and then BJJ this evening.
illmatic is offline   Reply With Quote