MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Sylvia vs. Couture: Predictions

View Single Post

Old 01-14-2007, 12:48 AM   #9 (permalink)
IronMan
True Grappler

IronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by mma-fan13
Tim Sylvia; a 6'8", 265 pound monster, who is also part of the very prestige Miletich Fighting Systems Elite, will be having his toughest match of his entire mma career against Randy "The Natural" Couture. Sylvia has emense power in his right hand and can knock anyone out with it (besides "Iron Jaw" Cabbage). If Sylvia has a chance to connect with one hard power shot, and cleanly connects, he will win this match-up.
I wouldn't use the term "monster." Right now I'm thinking he's more of an ogre. Definitely a war against Couture.

Sylvia couldn't knock out Cabbage or Monson, and I think he landed the right multiple times in both fights.

Quote:
Randy Couture is a 40+ yr. old, world class greko-roman wrestler and UFC hall of famer who is defying age. If Randy can weather the blows Sylvia dishes out, take Sylvia to the ground and dish out some classic Randy Couture ground and pound, then yeah Randy will win this thing by decision or referee stoppage.
Randy is 43, definitely agree on the game plan.

Quote:
I firmly agree with ironman. I feel and hope Randy will pull this thing off by either "out cardio-ing" Sylvia or by ref stoppage. GO RANDY!!!
Is anyone else starting to feel this classic "good guy v bad guy" thing? Someone start the training montage!

Sig by Toxic

Barnett - Toquinho -Werdum - "Nurmie"
Z. Gurgel - Morango - Rocha - Tiequan
IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote