MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Todd Duffee - 260lbs pure muscle

View Single Post

Old 08-20-2009, 12:04 AM   #52 (permalink)
_redruM_
MMA Fanatic

_redruM_ is a glorious beacon of light_redruM_ is a glorious beacon of light_redruM_ is a glorious beacon of light_redruM_ is a glorious beacon of light_redruM_ is a glorious beacon of light_redruM_ is a glorious beacon of light_redruM_ is a glorious beacon of light_redruM_ is a glorious beacon of light_redruM_ is a glorious beacon of light_redruM_ is a glorious beacon of light_redruM_ is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halebop View Post
Fair enough but the ducking that sticks out to me was a rematch with Allister. One was obviously called for, after the 80th or so knee to the appendix Cro-cop couldnt continue. If you saw the first fight then it leaves little to the imagination as to why all of the sudden we have the Cro-cop back in the UFC having left unfinished biz in Japan. That's a ducking in my opinion. It would be most people's opinion too if we were talking say...Lesnar, Junie Browning, Tito Ortiz etc...but its not, its Mirko Crocop.
A good number of those knees were pretty low, as evidenced by the condition of Mirko's balls afterward. A rematch would have been nice, yes, but he was in need of several surgeries at the time, and has only just been back in training shape recently. I'm not Mirko, I can't say whether or not it was really a ducking, but I'm glad we at least have the facts straight now. It's true that I do love me some Cro Cop, but I can honestly say I am pretty unbiased when I really analyze these things. There are plenty of times when I can see a fighter really is ducking someone, such as how I felt Tito ducked Chuck for a long time. It's hard to say if Mirko is ducking anyone as I know he has publically stated he wants rematches to avenge several of his losses, especially the one fighter who may be the most rightfully feared in Fedor. Anyway, this thread really isn't about Mirko, so lets get back to topic.

As for Todd Duffee, another young, athletic guy who shows a lot of promise and already boasts some nice knockouts. However, as others have already touched on, this is the case of many MMA hopefuls. Hard to say what his ground game is like, or his TDD, and obviously he is yet to make the pivotal step up in competition. A lot of potential, though, we'll just have to wait and see how he does against someone with some significant skills.