Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Jardine the champ?

1K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  burgito 
#1 ·
does anyone ever see jardine being the champ of the LHW division? I think it is a possibility, but that he would be a weak champion with a short reign. i personally thought forrest and rashad were weak champs and im glad there is a legit guy on top now.

#5 ·
Jardine is good at everything but lacks the excellence in one discipline that all great champions posses. His striking is far to sloppy to hang with the likes of Lyoto, his wrestling isn't strong enough to deal with a Bader for example, and he has shown us no offensive jiu-jitsu ability.

Throw in a suspect chin and the inability to deal with a very aggressive opponent and I don't see a champion there. Solid gatekeeper at best.

#9 ·
No chance. He's a good fighter, not a great one, and he's in a strong division. he has about the same chance of winning the belt as Forrest does again. Anyone winning the belt has to go through one or both of Silva and Machida. Jardine couldn't do either on the best day of his life.

#12 ·
Don't forget that Jardine lost to Rampage in the last 5 seconds. He is one of the most underrated fighters out there.
Why should we focus on that? His embarassing losses to Alexander and Silva are way more prominent, not because he lost but because of the way he was stopped. Maybe Jardine was close to beating Rampage in minds of some fans, in mine he wasn't that close, even without the last knockdown I'd give the "W" to Jackson.

#17 ·
It's in the past and I'm sure he has learned from it. GSP lost to Serra, shit happens.
To prove that it was a fluke Jardine needs to fight Rampage again and beat him. Until then nothing matters. And if Thiago Silva will do what Alexander and Silva did, it will only prove that Jardine is not that great.

#21 · (Edited)
L Houston Alexander
W Chuck Liddell
L Wanderlei Silva
W Brandon Vera
L Quinton Jackson

Do you see a pattern here?
And what is it supposed to mean?
During UFC 60-69 there were 24 submission victories (only PPVs included)
During UFC 70-79 there were 24 submission victories (only PPVs included)
During UFC 80-89 there were 24 submission victories (only PPVs included)
During UFC 90-99 there were much less. So the stats doesn't mean much

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.