MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Starting MMA

Thread: Starting MMA
View Single Post

Old 08-26-2009, 10:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
HitOrGetHit
WEC For Life

HitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jitsu999 View Post
Hey guys im new to the forum, as well as MMA. I've decided to get into it and I was wondering if MMA has its own techniques and moves, or if you train different fighting styles like Jujitsu and Karate, then combine them ? Im wondering all this as well because I want to get into MMA fighting and im not sure what to enroll in. Thanks !
Welcome!

MMA is mixed matrial arts so their are tons of different techniques. A fighter in the most basic form will have usually a main standing technique and a main grappling technique. The most popular striking techniques are boxing, kickboxing, and muy thai. but that is not all that can be learned. The most popular grappling techniques are wrestling, bjj, and judo. But again, there are many more options.

Great fighters combine many techniques to become very well rounded. Its all about what you prefer and what type of fighter you want to be. Sometimes its not even what you would rather do, but what you are better at doing. Just have fun and train hard!

"Don't be shocked that people die. Be surprised you're still alive."
HitOrGetHit is offline   Reply With Quote