Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

[OFFICIAL] Boxing Discussion Thread

63K views 465 replies 57 participants last post by  Martin Hary 
#1 ·

This is our OFFICIAL Boxing discussion thread for ALL things Boxing. All discussion about boxing go here.

Enjoy!

See less See more
#34 ·
This kind of thing is one of the main reasons boxing is no where near the spectacle it was in the past. Guys like Mayweather are only interested in protecting there legacy, not fighting the best fighters on the planet. He sure is acting like a bitch for a guy that "retired" because he was bored from a lack of competition. There is finally someone who presents a real challenge for him and he seems to have no real interest in fighting him. Ive always respected Floyd's skills, but as a person and a champion he is severely lacking.

#38 ·
Mayweather is undefeated, and wants to stay that way to cement his legacy in boxing

He FULLYknows that Pac-Man would win, hes defiantly seen his fights and he doesnt wanna fight him.

He found a minor flaw that Pac is "superstitious" about blood tests (Pacman is also a reason why this fight might not go down) so Floyd decided to use that as an excuse to not fight Manny

#39 ·
Yeah I heard about this on Sports Center. It really sucks. I was looking foward to this fight a lot. It doesn't quite surprise me though, Mayweather isn't the coolest of guys. Oh well, Pac Man is the best in the world right now and Mayweather never will be unless he fights Pac Man. Then he has to beat him which I don't think will happen.

#42 ·
PacMan would tool Mayweather, and even if this blows over I think you're gonna have to drag Floyd kicking and screaming to get him in the ring with Manny.

#48 ·
i think theirs way too much hype surrounding this possibility of a fight that it might just go down regardless of Mayweathers cherry-picking. Also, if he dont fight PacMan then who will he fight? Pac-Man is #1 contender and you cant let go off that fact

EDIT: had to add it :p

Manny

Floyd

#49 ·
ugh ive been to pissed about this to post in this thread. this is like

mayweather will be remembered as having less than balls, and keeping a perfect record by dodging real challengers

#50 ·
Mayweather vs Pacquiao OFF

Arum says that the March 13 fight between Pacquiao and Mayweather will not continue because of demands by Mayweather’s camp for Pacquiao to undergo Olympic-style drug testing procedures.

“We don’t object to more extensive drug testing, even though it’s certainly not required in Nevada,” relates Arum, referring to the fact that Las Vegas bouts do not mandate measures as extensive as the Olympics. “What we’re saying is that the drug testing he is proposing is intrusive and would disturb Pacquiao’s training if it’s done within 30 days of his fight.”

Pacquiao has agreed to have his blood drawn for tests before and after the Mayweather bout – just not 30 days before.

“My gut feeling is Mayweather doesn’t want to do the fight and this is his excuse, period,” concludes Arum.

Arum has suggested to use instead the drug agencies who test NBA, NFL and MLB players, because they are generally accepted and only perform random urinalysis – which has no effect on the athlete, as opposed to having blood drawn.

Pacquiao was to defend the WBO title that he won by beating Miguel Cotto in Las Vegas last November against the undefeated Mayweather this March.
http://thenewschronicle.com/mayweather-pacquiao-bout/122402107/

Ugh.. Fight of the decade gets scrapped because of some drug testing formality :confused03:

#51 ·

God damn it. What the hell. There seriously arent words to describe how disappointed I am that this fight isnt going to happen. This probably would have been the biggest fight in the last ten years, why cant they just get there shit together and make this happen? Finally a fight that can put boxing back on the forefront of sports and its not going to happen. This is fubar.

#58 ·
Yeah Floyd is blaming him because he is being so demanding with the drug testing stuff...Floyd wants it random from the time the contract is signed until 30 days after...test anytime.

Pac wants it more determined so it "doesn't interrupt his training".

I actually don't have a problem with Floyd making a big deal about that unless he is juicing or it is a lie. Then he is just a hypocrite.

#60 ·
No he conceded to that and the closest he wanted to have testing to fight night (not including night of the fight) was 24 days...whereas, Floyd wanted it to go all the way up to the night of the fight. Then a couple more afterwards.

My only problem with Floyd requesting this is that Paq is the only fighter he has requested it against. That is all.

#62 ·
Take it with a grain of salt but I was watching ESPN and they were talking about some fishy emails that Pacquiao's management sent to Mayweather about what would happen if Manny got tested and it came back positive and would Mayweather agree to keep it quiet if it was positive to perserve boxing's image.

The source is apparently reliable but yeah, grain of salt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.