MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Gina Carano: ‘I am a better fighter than the way I performed’ against Cyborg Santos

View Single Post

Old 09-06-2009, 11:53 PM   #32 (permalink)
QuackAttack
MMA Fanatic

QuackAttack Needs A HugQuackAttack Needs A HugQuackAttack Needs A Hug
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreed View Post
Do you even know if she had a choice? if you hadn't noticed scott coker aint really trying to build fighters that already have name recognition..If there is an opportunity to do the money match at the next event he will make it happen like armageddon was 2tomorrow. Whether its lack of depth or the non exclusive contract structure, its just the way he runs things.I remember when strikforce bought elite xc contracts and gina held out (while in hibernation)..And he used the football analogy that summer camp has started and she is no where to be seen..How much do you want to bet that was about refusing to fight cyborg unless her salary matched the mens..Not really a fearless warrior that will take on all comers is she..More like a woman looking for as much as she can get using the cyborg situation to negotiate a new deal probably hoping that coker wouldn't cave in to her lofty demands and she could use that as an excuse not to fight..
All fighters have a choice on who they fight, unless it says specially in the contract that they have to fight a certain person. What is Coker going to do if she said no? Point a gun to her head? Gina held out as long as she did because she wanted to get paid what she's worth. Her EliteXC contracts were crap, and she wanted to renegotiate. Gina was EliteXC's biggest star next to Kimbo, but she didn't even get paid a quarter of what he made. Her pay days were 20,000 a fight. 20,000 May be a lot for some fighters, but not a lot for a household name recognized fighter like Gina.

Last edited by QuackAttack : 09-07-2009 at 12:01 AM.
QuackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote