MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Gina Carano: ‘I am a better fighter than the way I performed’ against Cyborg Santos

View Single Post

Old 09-07-2009, 12:11 AM   #33 (permalink)
Kreed
Lightweight

Kreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuackAttack View Post
All fighters have a choice. What is Coker going to do if she said no? Point a gun to her head? Gina held out as long as she did because she wanted to get paid what she's worth. Her EliteXC contracts were crap, and she wanted to renegotiate. Gina was EliteXC's biggest star next to Kimbo, but she didn't even get paid a quarter of what he made. Her pay days were 20,000 a fight. 20,000 May be a lot for some fighters, but not a lot for a household name recognized fighter like Gina.
You are just repeating what I said, why she held out is obvious like I already stated in the post u quoted..But its the other bit of politics that I am talking about.I dont think she had a choice per se, sure its her free will to sign or not to sign the doted line..But if she had the option to fight cyborg or some 6-3 broad do you really think she would not choose the 6-3 broad..But the option was not given to her because like I said coker wants to make money matches as soon as they're available...We also dont know how many years/fights she has left on her elie xc contract so maybe she has to fulfil that if she wants her raise and if she wants her raise she needs (well needed) to meet cyborg, get the picture..