MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Gina Carano: ‘I am a better fighter than the way I performed’ against Cyborg Santos

View Single Post

Old 09-07-2009, 02:53 AM   #35 (permalink)
Kreed
Lightweight

Kreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantowrestler View Post
This a little known fact, but Gina's contract was not one of the contracts bout in the EliteXC buy out. She was picked up in a renegotiated deal. So the contract she has with Strikeforce right now wasn't bout out from EliteXC.
Dude months after the dust had settled from the demise of elite she was doing interviews and everyone was saying "when are we going to see gina" And she replied there is a lot of contract stuff going on I am still actually contractually signed to elite, so I cant do anything right now but once I get that sorted out you will see me fighting" Months after that we hear that strikeforce has absorbed pro elite including all elite xc contracts..So strikeforce did buyout her contract only she used her celebrity and coker's desperation (to make the cyborg fight) to hold out and restructure her contract