MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Breaking into M.M.A. Training Log

View Single Post

Old 09-07-2009, 02:28 PM   #387 (permalink)
illmatic
Featherweight

illmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of light
Burpees (5x3 minute rounds, 1 min rest)
1 - 32
2 - 27
3 - 25
4 - 25
5 - 24
Total - 133

Smashed current best by like 6 reps. Except my success is kind of tarnished...I forgot my gym shoes and did the workout in socks, making it a little easier. Awesome workout regardless.

I was going to hit the bag this morning and burpee in the evening since my MMA gym is closed today, unfortunately they seem to have taken my heavybag down :icon_sad:. I'll probably end up back at the gym at some point today to do something else.

I'm just over a month out from my fight and have worked out my plan as far as cutting weight. For the past month or two I've been off creatine and have averaged at about 215lbs. I fight at 205. I respond well to creatine and basically gain or lose 5 lbs seemingly overnight. The plan is to stay on the creatine until a week out from the fight. Once I'm a week out, I'm drinking 1.8 gallons of water a day. Two days out from the weigh in I'll be cutting that in half (.85 gallon). One day prior to weigh in I drink half of that again (.425 gallon). Day of weigh in there's little to no water. I think through this method I can get to 205 without resorting to a sauna. We'll see.

Credit to Jason Ferruggia for the weight cut info.
illmatic is offline   Reply With Quote