MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Which weight class would be best for me?

View Single Post

Old 09-10-2009, 12:14 AM   #12 (permalink)
southernlynx
MMA Fanatic

southernlynx has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlson23 View Post
Yeah but the only problem is i have a very high metabolism and even eating 5 meals a day and lifting 4-5 times a week it seems i can never get over 160lbs.
High metabolism can be circumvented, I'm 5'9" and my natural bodyweight was always around 125 - I too had an insanely high metabolism but it's a simple fix if you need to gain weight. The formula I used was 3 grams protein per pound of bodyweight (i.e. you weigh 150, you eat 450 grams a day) make sure you cram a lot of fiber in there too.L-Glutamine is a must as it will prevent your body from going into a catabolic state. Don't bother with creatine if you want functional muscle (instead of waterweight). Lifting 4-5 times a week didn't cut it for me, I lift twice daily plus a cardio workout, I alternate body parts so I don't lift the same thing every day but at least lift it every 48 hours. Ton's of sleep helps as well. Took me six months, but using this formula I shot up to 174lbs and dropped 6% of my bodyfat.
southernlynx is offline   Reply With Quote