MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Should Strikeforce go Head to Head vs. the UFC? 2 articles

View Single Post

Old 09-12-2009, 07:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
mtt_c
Flyweight

mtt_c has a spectacular aura aboutmtt_c has a spectacular aura aboutmtt_c has a spectacular aura aboutmtt_c has a spectacular aura aboutmtt_c has a spectacular aura aboutmtt_c has a spectacular aura aboutmtt_c has a spectacular aura aboutmtt_c has a spectacular aura aboutmtt_c has a spectacular aura aboutmtt_c has a spectacular aura aboutmtt_c has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantowrestler View Post
Dude, everyone who has declared war with the UFC has gone down in flames or joined them. Remember what happened to EliteXC, IFL, BodogFight, Affliction, PRIDE, and WFA? They were all either bought out by ZUFFA (UFC's parent company) or Dana White did everything he could to destroy them financially (which he did)! Scott Coker has learned from all those other guy's mistakes and would much rather exist in peace (or at least in a cold war state) than fight them. Scott Coker and Dana White have a mutual respect for each other and want to keep it that way for the time being and I'm sure everyone else prefers it be that way as well!
As I said, I'd get strikeforce straight before this. UFC can't shut down an organization. EliteXC, Affliction, etc. were throwing sick money for top-flight stars but couldn't cover the production costs. All Strikeforce has to do to become a nemesis is maintain good cards, expand the brand and stay profitable. As long as the organization can cover these costs, there here to stay.
mtt_c is offline   Reply With Quote