MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Back to Basics

Thread: Back to Basics
View Single Post

Old 09-14-2009, 10:29 PM   #192 (permalink)
-Jesus-
MMA Fanatic

-Jesus- has a spectacular aura about-Jesus- has a spectacular aura about-Jesus- has a spectacular aura about-Jesus- has a spectacular aura about-Jesus- has a spectacular aura about-Jesus- has a spectacular aura about-Jesus- has a spectacular aura about-Jesus- has a spectacular aura about-Jesus- has a spectacular aura about-Jesus- has a spectacular aura about-Jesus- has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan View Post
Even then, the high guard will help you control posture and keep the crook in the arm a lot easier.

Yeah. Single arm control can be a set up for the armbar, triangle, omoplata and gogoplata. The gogo is mostly for if they choose the stack.

Yeah, it mostly about establishing a 90 degree angle to your opponents body to break the balance, which gives great control of the posture to finish the armbar without having to worry about getting stacked.
Damn, That's amazing advice. Thanks, I've got a lot to learn. Also, When I'm doing a omo/gogoplata, and i hit 90 degrees, if they try to stack what will happen? I can just sweep Right?

BTW,

With the Triangle choke, Which way do i angle it? Is it towards where the arm is crossing? (Like if left arm is across the neck, do i push to the left side?)
-Jesus- is offline   Reply With Quote