Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Is anyone else sick of the way the Diaz brothers act..

7K views 97 replies 46 participants last post by  joshua7789 
#1 ·
Theres allways something with these 2... I dont have to go into everything they do, because as a fan on a mma forum im sure you know... its annoying the way these 2 get on, Like 2 Divas...

I was looking Nate to win wed night, but now... naaa..

the straw that broke the camles back was the no show to the UFC conference call..

#85 ·
I picked choke in the first but whatever, I'll take round 2 :thumb02:.

Good fight, honestly was pretty worried when Nate got clipped in the first round but the dude recovered quick. I was a bit worried bout Melvin's power but Nate stuck it out and even became the aggressor.

#89 ·
Melvin didnt get caught in a slick sub. He walked into a choke. He shot in with his neck up. He might as well have just stood against the cage with his hands at his sides and let nate knock him out. Melvin was starting to gas and gave up. I think he got really frustrated when he couldnt finish nate in the first and lost the will to win.

#90 ·
Pro mixed martial artists don't just "walk" into subs. I love how melvin nut huggers are acting like nates BJJ is some kind of joke, when he has some of the best BJJ in the entire UFC.

Face it, melvin couldnt deal with nates reach. After nate got clipped he realized that melvin doesnt even hit that hard. I saw that sub coming when they first announced the fight, but I thought it was going to be in rd 1. Like coldcall said im also dissapointed nate didnt use a his reach more and jab.

#91 ·
Im not a melvin nuthugger. Im a fan of both of the diaz bothers and am well aware of how talented they both are on the ground. Watch the fight again. Melvin is either very ignorant on the ground (which shouldnt be the case, the dude has like fifty fights) or he gave his neck up. My little cousin could have tapped him if he gave her his neck like that. Nate is good, im not downplaying that, Melvin just quit in my opinion.

#92 ·
He seemed a bit tenative(sp?) to jab. I think it's because of the over hand right that he got caught with in the beginning of the first round. Nate punches look like he slaps with palms closed, and does not seemed to have a good snap to it. I'm surprised Melvin didn't slug it out more because it didn't look like Nate hits that hard.

#97 ·
This makes me uncertain why you question me saying he got caught in a slick sub.......Melvin came in with his head down and got caught with a slick sub....we can agree to disagree......but c'mon...:D

I called it and thats it, Melvin is better than a quitter he just sucks in sub defense, I thought he was def gettin the better of the striking but Nate coulda fought that off if he established that jab....which in the second he started to......

CC420

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.