MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Back to Basics

Thread: Back to Basics
View Single Post

Old 09-16-2009, 12:25 AM   #199 (permalink)
jcal
Lightweight

jcal is a name known to alljcal is a name known to alljcal is a name known to alljcal is a name known to alljcal is a name known to alljcal is a name known to alljcal is a name known to alljcal is a name known to alljcal is a name known to alljcal is a name known to alljcal is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikaze145 View Post
Here is just something to add to that I like to do. Once you lock up the arm and leg on whichever side use your other arm to ensure he cant base out at all. Just make sure your arm is under their arm like an under hook but without the hook and as you are rolling over straighten it so that they cant post their opposite arm out. Taking away half of their base is usually enough, but this is just to make sure. It isnt hard, I have had success with it. If that doesnt make sense let me know I will try to explain it again.
I know what our saying and that does help, but when im about to bridge I tell my partner to watch his fingers cauuse its real easy to bend them backwards when he rolls over and you have his hand trapped, usually with all his fingers extended out. Just wondreing if anybody else does the same. I play nice.
jcal is offline   Reply With Quote