MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Floyd Mayweather's Comments on the UFC

View Single Post

Old 09-16-2009, 02:56 AM   #19 (permalink)
T-Pain
Banned

T-Pain Needs A HugT-Pain Needs A HugT-Pain Needs A HugT-Pain Needs A HugT-Pain Needs A HugT-Pain Needs A HugT-Pain Needs A HugT-Pain Needs A HugT-Pain Needs A HugT-Pain Needs A HugT-Pain Needs A Hug
Disclaimer: I like this card..not my favorite but anticipating to see how some guys do in their returns.

I dont understand Dana/joe silvas logic on this one. Three of his top fights are "newcomers/returners" to the UFC...belfort,trigg,crocop. Although crocop returned 3 months ago..he's still relatively new to your casual fans and that al/turk fight was meh.

Vitor is exciting but never had a fedor status in another organization. I like trigg but his biggest claims to fame are losing twice to hughes. Dos santos may be a top contender within next few fights but no one knows who he is generally.
Actually, I think dana knows boxing will outsell them..hence why there is no title shot..not even a fight for #1 contendership. Was swick/kampann i guess but that got canned due to injury. End of the day, the card has decent fights with decent names but if it doesnt sell its not like UFC lost some "blockbuster fights" they couldve saved for another card.

Boxing will outsell because their fans are starved and get a good fight once in a blue moon so yea they're goin to come out the woodworks. If UFC came out 3 times a year and this card had Brock Vs Shane, Machida Vs Shogun, Silva VS Marquardt, Rashad VS, Rampage, and Penn Vs Sanchez ..it would clearly shit on boxing
T-Pain is offline   Reply With Quote