MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Look at this 305 pound monster: can he beat Brock?

View Single Post

Old 09-16-2009, 08:30 PM   #19 (permalink)
VolcomX311
Middleweight

VolcomX311 Is Destined For GreatnessVolcomX311 Is Destined For GreatnessVolcomX311 Is Destined For GreatnessVolcomX311 Is Destined For GreatnessVolcomX311 Is Destined For GreatnessVolcomX311 Is Destined For GreatnessVolcomX311 Is Destined For GreatnessVolcomX311 Is Destined For GreatnessVolcomX311 Is Destined For GreatnessVolcomX311 Is Destined For GreatnessVolcomX311 Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoveraki View Post
I don't know if you guys have seen a strongman in person, but it's a different kind of strength. It's really insane.
Yeah, it's a freakish level of core strength combined with muscle endurance, it's nuts.

Quote:
Their grip strength alone in MMA will be huge.
That's a legitimate element to consider. Most people, MMA guys included, who train grip, train their forearms. These guys do true grip training, crush grip training and pinch grip training.

Quote:
You'll be afraid to throw jabs because if he catches your arm, and knows even one thing to do from there, you're in a bad way.
I get what you're saying, but I don't think anyone would come to the point of being "afraid." You'd have to be Mr. Miyagi catching flies with chopsticks to grab someones punch, right out the air.

Quote:
Their core is also unbelievable, taking someone like this guy down will not be an easy task. And Lesnar couldn't even take Couture down.
Couture is also "EXCEPTIONAL" at Roman Greco, it wasn't Couture's superior core strength that kept him out of trouble.

Quote:
And they're not slow. Strongmen competitions have a decent amount of speed-orientated tasks. Plus events like rock lift and log drags will translate well to wrestling throws.
I hear what you're saying, and i appreciate strongmen comps, too, but the stones and log drags more so translates an ability to Ultimate Warrior press someone over their head, but not so much an explosive TD, or timing, leverage awareness or technique.

For the most part, I do agree Mariusz has all the potential in the world based on the abilities he possesses as a strongman

I would love to the icon of strongman turn fighter
VolcomX311 is offline   Reply With Quote