MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Look at this 305 pound monster: can he beat Brock?

View Single Post

Old 09-16-2009, 07:37 PM   #21 (permalink)
VolcomX311
Middleweight

VolcomX311 Is Respected By All He CrossesVolcomX311 Is Respected By All He CrossesVolcomX311 Is Respected By All He CrossesVolcomX311 Is Respected By All He CrossesVolcomX311 Is Respected By All He CrossesVolcomX311 Is Respected By All He CrossesVolcomX311 Is Respected By All He CrossesVolcomX311 Is Respected By All He CrossesVolcomX311 Is Respected By All He CrossesVolcomX311 Is Respected By All He CrossesVolcomX311 Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabakill View Post
a: he has combat experience, used to be a kickboxer long ago. I remember reading that he quit because he didn't like getting hit in the head. It won't take long for him to get as good as Lesnar
Won't argue there, I never said Lesnar was the white Mohammed Ali.

Quote:
standing or on the ground, wrestling is another story
"on the ground.." and "wrestling..."

One in the same in my opinion. If you neutralize BJJ with wrestling, it's ground game. If you can control your opponent on the ground, it's ground game, so how you differentiate the two may be an opinion of philosophy.

Quote:
b: if he continues to take legal supplements that mimic hgh and anabolic steroids he will be able to compete probably until around 43 or 44, that's if he's really dedicated to the sport
This is another discussion with too many mediating variables to get into, but the UFC tests, so maybe he could pull that off overseas.

Quote:
c: whoever mentioned his gifts in grip strength is 100% correct, these guys do farmers carries with weights in excess of 300 pounds per hand. That kind of grip strength will make it impossible for a guy to get out of close range situations.
Preaching to the choir I do true grip training myself, including modified farmers walks.

Quote:
d: his chances of being competitive will come down to his ability to cut weight. I bet he goes down to around 290 and cuts 25 pounds to make 265.
Hope you're right, I'd love to see Mariusz fight