MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Look at this 305 pound monster: can he beat Brock?

View Single Post

Old 09-16-2009, 08:48 PM   #23 (permalink)
VolcomX311
Middleweight

VolcomX311 Is Respected By All He CrossesVolcomX311 Is Respected By All He CrossesVolcomX311 Is Respected By All He CrossesVolcomX311 Is Respected By All He CrossesVolcomX311 Is Respected By All He CrossesVolcomX311 Is Respected By All He CrossesVolcomX311 Is Respected By All He CrossesVolcomX311 Is Respected By All He CrossesVolcomX311 Is Respected By All He CrossesVolcomX311 Is Respected By All He CrossesVolcomX311 Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoveraki View Post
Mariusz would definitely beat Lesnar. This guy is massively fast, and could literally be twice as strong as Lesnar. Maybe even more than twice as strong. Brock would have to bench 400+lbs, deadlift 500+lbs, etc to even be half as strong. Lesnar won't be able to push his weight down on him, he won't be able to hold his arm out (Mir II), he won't be able to ride him (Herring).
I would have liked to have a respectable argument with you until you used "definitely." You are 100% sure how? I don't think Mariusz would say he's 100% certain.

Your dead lifts and bench have less to do with MMA then you might want to believe. Tank Abbot had 600lbs bench press, as evidenced here:

A LOT OF GOOD THAT BENCH DID HIM.

Deadlifts are a measure of strength, not so much power, throwing strikes, avoiding TD's and executing a TD is primarily power based.

Quote:
Lesnar couldn't keep Randy down, he won't be keeping this guy down. The core and leg strength of these strongmen is unshakeable. And this guy is known for his speed. A glass chin is all we could hope for
Got-damn, you're preaching to the choir again. I rooted for Mariusz when he went up against Kevin Nee, even though Kevin is a good ole boy from the U.S.

Quote:
, and Lesnar isn't exactly a good striker.
Don't make me quote myself...

Quote:
I know I'm a Brock hater, but Mariusz is one the best athletes on this planet, and if he can cut to 265 he will be a force.
AGREED!! GEEZUZ, who am I arguing with?

Quote:
edit: Strongman DEFINITELY trains explosiveness and endurance. Maybe even more so than wrestling.
I'm not touching this one.

Quote:
In interviews he seems like a nice respective but competitive guy, so MMA guys should really appreciate him instead of disliking him. He's been a world class athlete for years and has chosen our sport, it will be exciting to see this kind of guy transfer over.
Yes. If it were any other strongman, I'd be less inclined to defend his abilities, but Mariusz is an exceptional freak both strength, endurance and even athletic wise.

Last edited by VolcomX311 : 09-16-2009 at 08:53 PM.
VolcomX311 is offline   Reply With Quote