MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ESPN Coverage Of Fight Night Is Disgraceful

View Single Post

Old 09-16-2009, 09:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
K R Y

K R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The Forum
Quote:
Originally Posted by soylentgreen View Post
I thought ESPN had listened to the criticism of their coverage of UFC 101. They did a much better job with UFC 102. Tonights Fight Night coverage is terrible! Adverts between rounds -the majority of which seem to be station idents, not even paying advertisers- and over the fighters' entrances. And as for that bloody sound level... WTF? We're clearly back to square one, and I fear for the coverage of UFC 103. This settles it for me; I'll record Saturday's event, then I can fast forward through the adverts when I watch it on Sunday.
It's a fight night. EVERY broadcasting of a fight night has been the same. Free on Spike in America = many more ads. As the UK are getting the feed via ESPN vis Spike, when america goes to a break we also do.

103 will be the same as 102.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hixxy View Post
If the Nate Diaz fight goes to a decision then ESPN coverage is going to end before the fight...
They will broadcast till the end. Don't worry.

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
K R Y is offline   Reply With Quote