MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Carlos Condit vs. Jake Ellenberger Pre/Post Fight

View Single Post

Old 09-17-2009, 03:15 PM   #36 (permalink)
joshua7789
Super Heavyweight

joshua7789 Is Beloved By Alljoshua7789 Is Beloved By Alljoshua7789 Is Beloved By Alljoshua7789 Is Beloved By Alljoshua7789 Is Beloved By Alljoshua7789 Is Beloved By Alljoshua7789 Is Beloved By Alljoshua7789 Is Beloved By Alljoshua7789 Is Beloved By Alljoshua7789 Is Beloved By Alljoshua7789 Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnsidious View Post
Depends what you mean by doing well, because he will never see the belt unless he's visiting the hall of fame or something. This reminded me of the Vera-Sozynski (sp?) fight. That win did almost nothing for Vera if he actually wants to be champion, this is a similar situation for Condit.

I thought he lost the fight, but even so, grinding out a split decision over a 3rd rate fighter, and getting knocked on your ass repeatedly, and taken down repeatedly, doing it, well, all I can say is now I know how much better the WW div is than the WEC now. Condit was the freakin champ at WEC, now he's 1-1, could've easily been 0-2, and his win is a nail biter over a nobody. That doesn't suggest great things in his future to me. He has some serious holes in his game, and if last night is any indication, he gets crushed by any top ten WW.
He could just as easily be 2-0. The loss to Kampman was tough to call. I personally think Condit should have won that fight. His fight last night may have been a draw, but there is no way that he lost that fight. You might have been able to call the first round 10-8, but the second and third were easily 10-9, 10-9 condit.

Kampman is about to be the number one contender, so i dont know where you get the whole "crushed by and top ten ww" thing from.
joshua7789 is offline   Reply With Quote