MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Future Plans, Please advise!

View Single Post

Old 01-20-2007, 05:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Obliterate
MMA Fanatic

Obliterate has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Future Plans, Please advise!

Hi Guys

Ok soon i have a big choice to make, im 24 and have been in love with the sport of MMA for some time. It's getting to a point in my life where i need to make a choice with what i want to do with my life.

I really would like to start studying MMA's and see how i do at it, even if its not too fight perhaps too help train people etc

A few things really worry me about doing this, im a very obsessive person and if i decide to do it ill throw my whole soul into it and do nothing else until im happy with where i have got to. I used to be very fit but since i got my job in IT 3 years ago ive really let myself go. Im 6 foot 8 and am now quite a bit overweight, my back does not feel 100% as well as my kness (due to my weight i presume, my kness dont affect my walking at all but i can feel that they are under pressure abit) I've also picked up abit of RSI since starting my IT job.

I just wanted peoples opinion on whether in my current condition it was worth going for this or not? Obviously the last thing i want is to train my ass off and then find out that my lazy lifestyle and horrible diet for the last few years has caused me a great deal of damage and i will never be able to compete at a decent level.

Any thoughts and opinions?
Obliterate is offline   Reply With Quote