‘Rampage vs. Tito’ Ticket Sales Confirm That Bellator Is Pretty Much F*cked, You Guys - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Bellator FC Bellator MMA (Bellator) is the 2nd largest mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion in the USA and the largest tournament-based MMA organization in the world. Headquartered in Newport Beach, California, the company was formed in 2008 by Chairman and CEO Bjorn Rebney. Bellator’s events are primarily structured around tournaments. The tournament winner is declared the number one contender in their respective weight class, and is awarded a check for $100,000 and a shot at the reigning Bellator champion. Bellator uses the motto “The Toughest Tournament In Sports” Bellator FC now airs on Spike TV Thursday nights!

Reply

Old 10-16-2013, 03:19 PM   #21 (permalink)
OU
Ultra-weight
 
OU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,080
OU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitOrGetHit View Post
I don't really care who said what first. This isn't the 3rd grade and people should be old enough to know that it doesn't fly anymore.

This is your only warning since now you have once again insulted someone. Another insult and you will be infracted. After that, it will be a ban.

That goes for everyone. If you can't get along here without insulting people then you don't need to be here.


Sent from Verticalsports.com App

I haven't seen the other comments around here you are referring to but I think you are overreacting taking it out on me. I've been actively posting all day until someone directly came at me for no reason. But seems like I'm taking some heat for something done elsewhere not by me. I won't insult him again because I like posting here. But I think threatening to ban me is going a bit far.
OU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-16-2013, 03:21 PM   #22 (permalink)
WEC For Life
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,977
Blog Entries: 13
HitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by OU View Post
I haven't seen the other comments around here you are referring to but I think you are overreacting taking it out on me. I've been actively posting all day until someone directly came at me for no reason. But seems like I'm taking some heat for something done elsewhere not by me. I won't insult him again because I like posting here. But I think threatening to ban me is going a bit far.
1. My first post was a general statement to both of you, not just you. And then you quoted me and threw another insult right after I said to stop insulting people.

2. I also didn't say I was going to flat out ban you. I gave you a verbal warning, said if it didn't stop it would be an infraction and anything further than that would be a ban.


Sent from Verticalsports.com App
__________________


"Don't be shocked that people die. Be surprised you're still alive."
HitOrGetHit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:24 PM   #23 (permalink)
Welterweight
 
GDPofDRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,212
GDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings System
When people who straight up don't even watch Bellator and will tell you that arrive in threads like this for no other reason then to talk down about what is happening outside the UFC in the world of MMA, I observe an opinion that might of been formed out of ignorance. I think that can lead to problems with some who don't like people communicating what they observe in these types of conversations contributions on the matter.
__________________
I like MMA less because of this forum
GDPofDRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:26 PM   #24 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,175
Sports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trix View Post
Ben Askren has been the bellator champ for years. He's been fighting in the organization for even longer.

Hector Lombard can say the same.

Now, get this...

Ben Askren never faced decent competition until he fought Jay Hieron.

Hector Lombard never faced decent competition until he fought in the UFC.

That's because Bellator isn't in the business of building an organization with the best fighters and the best quality opponents.

Its in the business of feeding Askren, Lombard and most of their other champions cans. They feed prospects a series of mismatches to make them look more skillful and exciting than they actually are.

Then when their prospects like Askren face a decent level of competition in the form of Jay Hieron -- they get exposed. They never faced real competition in their careers and never competed at that level. They're completely unprepared for it.

It figures Sports Nerd and OU wouldn't get that.

You two aren't the brightest bulbs on the christmas tree.
Nuh uh, you're changing your argument there.

It's true that Askren and and Lombard have faced very little UFC caliber competition. But that's because most of the UFC caliber competition, especially at the higher weight classes, is in the UFC.

Your original statement, which isn't logically supported by this argument at all, was that Bellator was feeding these fighters "mismatches" and "cans" in order to build them up. if you want to support that statement rationally, you'll have to point to a fighter that was on the Bellator roster or available to them, and for some reason didn't make it to the tournament.
Sports_Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:27 PM   #25 (permalink)
OU
Ultra-weight
 
OU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,080
OU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitOrGetHit View Post
1. My first post was a general statement to both of you, not just you. And then you quoted me and threw another insult right after I said to stop insulting people.

2. I also didn't say I was going to flat out ban you. I gave you a verbal warning, said if it didn't stop it would be an infraction and anything further than that would be a ban.


Sent from Verticalsports.com App
Fine. Let's move on. I've been posting all day until this crap got thrown at me. That's first time anyone has ever thrown a warning at me directly and I just don't appreciate it. Now, back to posting.
OU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:43 PM   #26 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,873
Trix Is Beloved By AllTrix Is Beloved By AllTrix Is Beloved By AllTrix Is Beloved By AllTrix Is Beloved By AllTrix Is Beloved By AllTrix Is Beloved By AllTrix Is Beloved By AllTrix Is Beloved By AllTrix Is Beloved By AllTrix Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by OU View Post
LOL please. I'm sorry you are stuck up Dana White's ass so far you think anyone without the magic 3 letters on the gloves are scrubs. But those of us that actually watch the sport of MMA(you probably refer to the sport as UFC) can see there are clearly world class fighters outside the UFC that are better then the majority of guys currently in the UFC. I'm sorry you can't grasp this concept. Half of the best smaller weight fighters(below LW) are not in the UFC.
But then again it's much easier to echo Dana White with "Just Bleed" written on your forehead.
1. If someone disagrees with you & cites valid reasons for it.
2. Stereotype them as being a "casual" mma fan?



If you're going to disagree, you might try responding to what I said, as opposed to fabricating a fairytale caricature that doesn't even exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
You and Trix are both wrong. Hit is right, it's absolutely pathetic that some people around here seriously cannot get into a debate without throwing insults back at each other or insinuating that the other person isn't a "true MMA fan".

This kind of stuff is being put to a stop around here. Don't reply to someone if you can't be civil, that goes for both of you and everyone else.
If I were a mod, I would say: "let him say whatever he wants". I won't be offended or upset over anything he types on a message board.

If I did cross a line by saying he isn't the brightest lightbulb, I apologize for that. I'll avoid that type of thing in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports_Nerd View Post
Nuh uh, you're changing your argument there.

It's true that Askren and and Lombard have faced very little UFC caliber competition. But that's because most of the UFC caliber competition, especially at the higher weight classes, is in the UFC.

Your original statement, which isn't logically supported by this argument at all, was that Bellator was feeding these fighters "mismatches" and "cans" in order to build them up. if you want to support that statement rationally, you'll have to point to a fighter that was on the Bellator roster or available to them, and for some reason didn't make it to the tournament.
Hehehe.

Would Bellator bring Jon Fitch to their organization to create a deeper welterweight division?

What about Yushin Okami or any of the UFC's recent firings?

Do they find the best fighters of each division and try to put on the best fights. Or, do they have a select few big names with a drastically lower level of competition to set them against?

I'll give you a hint. Cheick Kongo and Lavar Johnson are the only fighters they picked up. And they only did that because they lack heavyweights with notoriety.

For them its not about having stacked divisions. Its about targeting one or two big names for each division and then avoiding having them fight real competition.

Bellator doesn't have a stacked roster. They avoid bringing in big names who might upset their select few number of stars.

This is why their finish rates are so high, and the fights seem so "exciting". Its because there are a few fighters with skill and the rest are cans. The skillset disparity leads to people being blown out of the water 10 seconds into the first or second round on a regular basis.
Trix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:53 PM   #27 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,175
Sports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trix View Post
Hehehe.

Would Bellator bring Jon Fitch to their organization to create a deeper welterweight division?

Do they find the best fighters of each division and try to put on the best fights. Or, do they have a select few big names with a drastically lower level of competition to set them against?

Bellator doesn't have a stacked roster. They avoid bringing in big names who might upset their select few number of stars.

This is why their finish rates are so high, and the fights seem so "exciting". Its because there are a few fighters with skill and the rest are cans, and the skillset disparity leads to people being blown out of the water 10 seconds into the first or second round on a regular basis.
Jon Fitch, yeah, he's a good fighter. remind me again how he became available to Bellator?

Oh yeah, because the UFC cut him. even though he was widely considered one of the top WWs in the world at the time. Guess they don't want the best fighters either.

Or maybe he carries a price tag that he just isn't worth, especially to an organization that would have to market a fight between him and Askren.

He was also cut pretty recently. Askren has had only one fight since. You're grasping at straws.

ETA: Yushin Okami is a better example. We'll see what happens with him. But the fact remaind that the UFC cut him for their own reasons. And Bellator might have similar reasons for not signing him. if you want to point to a difference between Bellator and the UFC, you'll have to do better than a fighter neither organization wants.
Sports_Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:56 PM   #28 (permalink)
Middleweight
 
Joabbuac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,812
Joabbuac Is Beloved By AllJoabbuac Is Beloved By AllJoabbuac Is Beloved By AllJoabbuac Is Beloved By AllJoabbuac Is Beloved By AllJoabbuac Is Beloved By AllJoabbuac Is Beloved By AllJoabbuac Is Beloved By AllJoabbuac Is Beloved By AllJoabbuac Is Beloved By AllJoabbuac Is Beloved By All
I think not bringing in a guy like Fitch is more to do with them not wanting some UFC reject dominating there WW division.
Joabbuac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 04:09 PM   #29 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,873
Trix Is Beloved By AllTrix Is Beloved By AllTrix Is Beloved By AllTrix Is Beloved By AllTrix Is Beloved By AllTrix Is Beloved By AllTrix Is Beloved By AllTrix Is Beloved By AllTrix Is Beloved By AllTrix Is Beloved By AllTrix Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports_Nerd View Post
Jon Fitch, yeah, he's a good fighter. remind me again how he became available to Bellator?

Oh yeah, because the UFC cut him. even though he was widely considered one of the top WWs in the world at the time. Guess they don't want the best fighters either.

Or maybe he carries a price tag that he just isn't worth, especially to an organization that would have to market a fight between him and Askren.

He was also cut pretty recently. Askren has had only one fight since. You're grasping at straws.

ETA: Yushin Okami is a better example. We'll see what happens with him. But the fact remaind that the UFC cut him for their own reasons. And Bellator might have similar reasons for not signing him. if you want to point to a difference between Bellator and the UFC, you'll have to do better than a fighter neither organization wants.
Fitch isn't the only one who was cut.

Bellator only makes fights they feel confident their champions will win. They avoid bringing in anyone they who might upset their hand picked prospects.

If the above were true, would it mean Bellator does things completely opposite of how the UFC does. They're more about mismatches and feeding than they are having as deep a weight class as possible.

You might also respond to bellators high finish rate.

Are an abnormal amount of finishes an indication of high skill, or fights that are mismatches?

Go here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bellator_events

Look at bellators cards.

Then here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UFC_events

Bellators finish rate, is much much higher.

Is it because Ben Askren is a better fighter than GSP.

Or is it because GSP and UFC fighters are competing against higher level competition who are more difficult to finish?

.

Sorry if I killed peoples "Bellator is better than UFC" fandom boners.

Yaall need Fedor.
Trix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:02 AM   #30 (permalink)
"Focus"
 
Life B Ez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 8,831
Life B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDPofDRB View Post
When people who straight up don't even watch Bellator and will tell you that arrive in threads like this for no other reason then to talk down about what is happening outside the UFC in the world of MMA, I observe an opinion that might of been formed out of ignorance. I think that can lead to problems with some who don't like people communicating what they observe in these types of conversations contributions on the matter.
Whenever I watch bellator I tend to agree with Trix. Same thing with strikeforce, they had entertaining cards but it was mainly due to the drastic mismatches in skills. Not to say one guy was awful and the other a world beater, more both org. Outside of the ufc are filled with one dimensional fighters, so matching a striker with no bjj against a black belt, so it is more likely there will be a finish regardless of who wins, either a take down and sub or a KO.

I've said this before as well, I often feel like bellator is a clear down grade in product, not just the fighters either but just the whole thing, it feels very much like the ufc did not too long ago, with all the blood spats and nu-metal. It's still seems to be catering to the just bleed casual fan, ironically, it is only generally getting the hardcore.

I enjoy bellator but honestly sometimes I feel like the production is higher on an axis Tv show like mfc. WSOF is not too bad either, though it doesn't really have the highest sample size.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
__________________
Think. It Ain't Illegal Yet
"Discipline Hurts Less Than Regret"
Life B Ez is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios