Why Couture will dominate Nogueira Everywhere
Posted 08-28-2009 at 06:24 PM by yehia
Updated 08-28-2009 at 10:21 PM by yehia
(Randy Couture pounding on Gabreial Gonzaga withStanding up
his BROKEN left arm).
In the clinch
- Couture dominated Tim Sylvia standing up (he knocked him down with the first punch).
- If outboxed, Couture can take the fight to the ground at will.
On the ground
- Couture is great at dirty boxing and holding fighters against the fence.
- Nogueira doesn't have the wrestling ability to take Couture down.
- Nogueira doesn't mind getting taken down so much.
- Two-time Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu absolute world champion Jacare didn't even score in a grappling bout with Couture (Couture outweighed Jacare with 30-40 lbs but he didn't come to the bout 100% and he wasn't pounding on Jacare either).
- Fedor GnP'ed Nogueira from his guard for the most part of thier first fight, so it's not that impossible to do.
- Elbow srikes which Couture can use were banned in Pride.
- Brock Lesnar couldn't hold Couture down.
P.S. Lesnar is next